Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pictures of us

Just some picture journal catch up. Pictures say a thousand words, but some of them need more explanation, especially with kids.

So, not really sure how to feel as a Dad here... on one hand he has the football helmet on, on the other he was pushing the doll in the stroller. I guess it is just as it should be, tender and tough! This was our trip to Vegas to visit Uncle David's fam and to assess the housing situation.


This one is in front of the Christmas tree that the Church employment department did in honor of Wendy and Maylee. It was a disney themed tree and the kids loved the full size mickey... not sure why I don't have a better photo of the tree, I will have to look for that one. The hats and scarf are one's their mommy made for them.

Happy 7th Birthday to my boy! This is on Dallin's birthday morning. He was pretty excited to open presents before school, so here we are with him hamming it up as usual. I gave him the choice to open after school so he could play with the toys right after he opened, but I knew when I said it which one a 7 year old would pick, then he was bummed he had to go right to school, ah the hard lessons of life.
We had a few gatherings for his special day, but he really just wanted to go to the pool with a few close friends so that's what we did.

Here is his cake, this year it was Perry the Platypus and if you haven't seen Phineus and Ferb, you may not know who it is, but the show is actually really clever and clean. The eyes are supposed to be crooked!

This is at the neighborhood friends Christmas party at the Frasure's new home. It is a common scene to find all the other kids off and playing and Evan still enjoying his meal... the boy likes his food. He doesn't really it a ton, just takes his time to savor it and sees it through to the end. We were at the Knight's house for FHE around thanksgiving time and the kids were all sharing what they are grateful for... I think all of them said family, but when it got to Evan he just said he was thankful for food. Appropriate.

I am sure there is a perfectly logical reason for why these dolls are posed this way, I just don't know what that is. I thought I would share the strange phenomena I encounter on a regular basis.

Just a cute one of my little girl... probably exhausted after a full day of posing her dolls in weird places.

This one needs a little explaining... he is stuck in the box and was calling for me. He wasn't too happy about the fact I started taking pictures before helping... but what is a parent to do, I was merely following proper procedure for non life threatening events. 1. Laugh 2. take pictures and/or video 3. help them out. 4. optional teasing if the mood calls for it. 5. show your friends and laugh some more.

Not sure if it is printed in any parenting book, but every good parent knows the protocol!
I included both the picture and video because I print this blog into a book and the video doesn't print as well as you might think. I am sure there is an app for that though.

Here are some Belated Pictures from October

Evan helping me empty the dishwasher... just loved his outfit. This was potty training week I think. He actually did really well and it really only took a couple days of effort and then Kenna took over and did the rest. She was quite the cheer leader.


These are some random pictures playing dress up with the halloween stuff. Must not be in order, because Evan never went back to a diaper after conference weekend.


I would answer the door to some pretty crazy attempts at premature candy getting, but this was one of the better ones.

Their Costumes for Halloween 2011. Dallin wanted a staff so that when he got tired after walking for so long, he could lean on it. I think he had pretty high hopes of a lot of candy.

They did well on their pumpkins and were pretty independent on their carving experience. The one below is my first successful carving... seriously, the previous years weren't pretty. I learned that the Dremel was a good way to go when it comes to pumpkins. Its Harry Potter if you can't tell.

These next few are of our trip to California. Chief Hicken, Kim and Kaisha took us to Disneyland and Knott's Berry farm. We all had fun and were very grateful to them for doing that. It was really good to get out for a few days for something fun as well.

Evan, Dallin, Kenna, and Kaisha with Donald in his costume.


This trip was their first experience flying (Dallin flew once before with Wendy but he was too young to remember it) This is Evan looking out the airplane window, and then Kenna with the Chief. This was the only one I had of all of us together.

2 comments:

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Great job taking so many pictures and WAY TO GO potty training Evan!! Seriously impressive!

Kristy said...

Ahhh...love Disneyland :) were taking our kids in March for my little Sydney's Birthday!! Can't wait :)

Sounds like your doing alright. That's good. We have a blog too. If you ever want to look at it, send me your email and I will send you an invite.

Hope all is going well. Your kids are cute!! My girls do the same things with all their Babies too. Who knows what is going through their heads!! lol.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker